Privacy Statement and Cookies Policy
Green REIT plc (“we”, “our” or “us”) is committed to preserving the privacy of all visitors to www.greenreitplc.com (the “Website”). Please read the following Privacy Statement and Cookies Policy (the “Policy“) to understand how we use and protect the information that you provide to us.
This Policy (together with our Terms of Website Use) and any other documents referred to on it sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following Policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purpose of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 (the “Acts“), the data controller of the Website is Mary Nally of Green Property.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
How we use the information we collect
We collect different types of information about our users for the following reasons:
- to personalise the way our content is presented to you and to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you;
- to help us to monitor and improve our business, including this Website. As part of this we may use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified);
- to carry out any legal obligations arising from your interaction with the Website; and
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services that we may offer from time to time, when you choose to do so.
The data we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored by us. It may also be processed by our staff. By submitting personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing of your personal information by us.
An IP address is a number that is assigned to your computer automatically when you use the internet. When you visit a particular page on the Website, our servers log your IP address. We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Website. Your IP address is also used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Website according to your individual interests;
- to speed up your searches; and
- to recognise you when you return to our Website.
Access to your Personal Information
You have a number of rights in respect of personal information we hold about you under the Acts. This includes a right to access any of your personal information which is held by us. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Acts.
Cases where we may use your Personal Information to contact you
We may contact you:
- for administration reasons related to any service to which you have signed up from time to time (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service, activity or online content has been suspended for maintenance, or in response to a question that you ask us); and
- to provide you with information about our services, activities or online content.
Disclosure to Other People
We may disclose your personal information to any company or other corporate entity under our control and direction.
We may pass aggregate information on the usage of our Website to selected third parties, but this will not include information that can be used to identify you.
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. If all or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, the personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Unless required to do so by law or as otherwise set out in this Privacy Statement, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect form you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Areas (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. By submitting personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
All information you provide to us is stored on our servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We employ appropriate security measures to protect your personal information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We ensure that when we outsource any processes that the service provider has appropriate security measures. However, as no data transmission over the Internet is completely secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information you transmit to us and you transfer the data at your own risk.
We will retain your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it is collected or as long as the law requires.
Changing Your Information
You have the right to request a copy of your personal information held by us. You also have the right to have changed any inaccuracies in the details we hold about you, the right to object to the use of your data and the right to block any specific uses of your data, by means of a request to us.
Changes to Our Privacy Statement
Any changes to our Privacy Statement in the future will be posted to the Website and, where appropriate, through e-mail notification.